Senior Boys Soccer
- Congratulations to our senior boys soccer team, who have made it to the championship tournament after so many years! The photo above was taken Thursday after their great game and victory against the reigning champions of Meadow Ridge School.
Holiday Portraits Fundraiser
- We have the opportunity to offer Holiday Portraits on Saturday October 22. Please be in contact with Laura
in Development if you are interested in booking a photoshoot by Tuesday October 18. The booking fee is $20 for a session. You will be provided with proofs to select your favourites to send over the holidays!
Gift Card Fundraiser
- If you missed ordering gift cards for October, please get involved by ordering for November! Orders are due this Monday -
forms available at the school or online here
. Not only will your order raise funds for school initiatives, but you’ll also have a chance to win a $50 gift card
. Congrats to Trish Dayal, our October winner!
With less than forty families involved in October we raised $482.50
. We have around 300 families in our school community. Another fantastic way to raise money for the school, without extra money out of pocket, is to support our SPUD fundraiser. They give us 25% for all produce boxes ordered. See details here
. If you have not yet received your October gift cards, please collect them from Reception at your earliest convenience.
Disconnect to Reconnect
- Hot on the heels of the sold out screening of Screenagers, we are thrilled to be hosting Cris Rowan on Thursday October 20, from 7 - 8:30 pm at the Grade School Hall for the second presentation in our Autumn Media Awareness Series. Cris is a pediatric occupational therapist, biologist, author, and prolific speaker who is passionate about changing the ways in which children use technology. Learn how you can manage balance between activities your family needs for growth and success, with technology use. By donation here or at the door.
VWSS AGM Notice
- Our Annual General Meeting is coming up on October 26. To become a member or to renew your membership, download the applicable form from our website on the Society Page
or stop in at the Grade School and pick up a paper form at Reception. Do not delay - these forms must be received no later than October 19.
Waldorf Artistic Experiences for Parents - Session 1: Wet on Wet Watercolour Painting
with Abegael Fisher-Lang on Friday mornings, Oct 14 - Nov 4, 9:00 - 9:45 am in the Music Room at the Grade School. $20 for 4 week session or $7 drop-in (with advance notice). To register contact Laura at email@example.com
*absolutely no experience necessary; adults only. We had a great turn out for the first class today!
VWS Photo Gallery
- Have you had a chance to visit the Gallery
page on our website? New additions are made a few times a month.
- In our extended Waldorf community we are pleased to share that Nancy Mellon, guest panelist at Screenagers, will be sharing two upcoming presentations; "Breaking the Spell: Balancing our Devices and Gadgets with living imagination" and "TRANSFORMATION Reclaiming our Inner Life from the Dark Web Through Creative Storytelling." Visit our Facebook page
to see more.